ISIS Claim Responsibility For Egypt Car Bomb That Killed 8 Policemen

ISIS's Egypt affiliate said it was behind a car bombing that wounded 30 people, including 8 policemen, near a state security building and courthouse in a Cairo suburb on Thursday.

A statement circulated on Twitter by supporters of the group, Sinai Province, said the bomb was a reprisal for the execution of six of its members convicted of carrying out an attack north of the Egyptian capital last year.

"Let the apostates of the police and army, the followers of Jews, know we are a people who do not forget our revenge," the statement said.

In May, Egypt executed six members of Sinai Province for attacking soldiers near Cairo in 2014. The men were convicted on charges which included carrying out an attack in Arab Sharkas village, north of Cairo, in which two army officers were killed.

Sinai Province has killed hundreds of soldiers and police since the military toppled President Mohammed Morsi of the Muslim Brotherhood in 2013 after mass protests against his rule.

Security sources who inspected the site of the blast in Shubra al-Khaima near Cairo said there was a burned-out vehicle and crater.

Comments on Twitter indicated the blast, which heavily damaged the face of the state security building, was heard in several parts of the Egyptian capital.

Shopkeeper Mohamed Ali said he saw a man park a vehicle that exploded after he stepped away from it.
Egypt 5583919968064170258

Post a Comment Default Comments Disqus Comments


Home item

Follow by Email

Popular Posts

Get Updates in your Inbox

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner