Nigeria: Street Light Electrocutes 24-year Old Mother, Son in Lagos

Yewande Busari, a 24-year old nursing mother has been electrocuted in Lagos with her one-year-old son strapped to her back. The child, named Pamilerin, however, survived.

According reports, the tragedy was caused by electrical wires sticking out of a streetlight pole where she was trying to cross the highway at Oshodi. Yetunde, according to sources said, had not used the pedestrian bridge on the motorway.

Pamilerin, who has since being discharged from a hospital, has not stopped crying since the incident, and is currently with his paternal grandparents.

The streetlight pole that caused the tragedy was said to have carried the menace of live wires sticking for a while but was left unattended by the government and the Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company in charge of it.

According to Yewande's Facebook page, she graduated from Eko Akete Grammar school in Lagos Island. Until her death, she lived with her fiance at 32, Thomas Street, Ebute-Meta, Lagos.
Nigeria 387364621153366635

Post a Comment Default Comments Disqus Comments


Home item

Follow by Email

Popular Posts

Get Updates in your Inbox

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner